Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Ouji Board, Deceased Rock Star, Quirky Girl & Dashing Man? (read on)

Scary Modsters…and Creepy Freaks





SCARY MODSTERS…AND CREEPY FREAKS

By Diane Rinella

1660438_728838273803701_1666462152_n

picture from Darla Pullins

Book Description


March 24, 2014



A fantastical romance involving a woman, the music that fuels her, and her Ouija board.Rosalyn possesses a sunny personality that is laced with quirks. Although she seeks acceptance in a world where she lives out of time, what she gets is ridiculed for her eclectic wardrobe and unconventional music collection.One fateful night, Rosalyn bewitches Niles, a stylish man whose offbeat character perfectly complements her own. Unfortunately, he possesses a critical flaw that means relationship suicide for him and pretty much anyone.While under the influence of insomnia-impaired judgment, Rosalyn summons Rock ‘n Roll deity Peter Lane back from the dead. Not only does he spin her hormones into a frenzy, Peter is also the precarious puzzle piece that brings sense into her world. When Niles learns that he can overcome his life-long challenge by helping Peter avenge his death, how far will he go to secure Rosalyn’s heart?











10359897_10205309903298098_1535695820720525168_n10518999_10205309913818361_5154629047567728812_n



WANT TO READ MY REVIEW?

posted on Amazon





Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase


What do a Ouji Board, vintage clothing, sixties music, a deceased rock star, London and the USA present day have in common?
Let me start by introducing you to some of the most original and endearing characters I’ve met within the pages of this incredible read!
Rosalyn – A beautiful, quirky 60’s fashion savvy young woman who has an insatiable addiction to music from the sixties. She is complex but you’ll learn why she can’t let go of her feelings…..trust me. And the fact that she dances to her own tune and doesn’t give a flip what anyone else thinks makes her all the more lovable!Jacqueline – Rosalyn’s best friend and roommate; total opposites but nonetheless a true friend who has been through thick and thin with Rox. She has Rosalyn’s best interests at heart and is very protective of her. A great friend to have.Niles – OMG! Mr. Dreamy in my book! This dapper man had my heart from the moment he was introduced. Hands down, suave, educated, handsome, a tad quirky and mysterious. All the makings of a dream book boyfriend.But WAIT! What about Peter Lane? The rock god from days past….Summoned by Rosalyn on her ouija board who came to be a huge part of Rox and Niles. Peter was definitely dessert for my second book boyfriend in the book. With Peter, though I will have to say he has a side to him that makes you want to slap him upside his head at times…he can be such a devious smart ass! And there are times in the book where he has no business being present in a certain ‘situation’..hehe!I just can’t say enough good things about this book! The author is a master (mistress, should I say) at writing in different POV and incorporating them to where you don’t miss a thing and the flow from one POV to the next is simply lyrical.

Rosalyn, Niles and Peter end up being kindred spirits and work together to achieve a very important mission. I’m not going to list any spoilers so you’ll have to trust me on this one.

Successfully experiencing every emotion in a book for me is what determines a good read – this book did just that. I can honestly say that I cried while reading several pages of this book – heart, gut wrenching tears and I honestly did NOT see it coming and I didn’t want this book to end.
So with no spoilers and a warning to have a box of tissues next to you, it is my distinct pleasure to give this book a well deserved FIVE GROOVY, VINYL, FAR OUT Peace Loving Stars!! Well done Ms. Rinella!




10384826_10205309907258197_6770873485951305473_n


VIEWS FROM THE BETA READER


This was an absolute blast to work on with Diane.  At first we were stumped because we just couldn’t get the feel for the female character but once the doors opened, we were flooded with her emotions.  From the smell of the record stores that she lived for, to her struggle to be herself in a world that never understood her.  Rosalyn cherished the days when the music was great and the times were free, but now she was going to face her love of the past crashing into the present day that disgusted her.


Niles was a mystery to me most of the time but once Diane filled in the missing pieces for me, I was amazed at the brilliance in her work.  I won’t lie and say he was my favorite character in this book but man once he started letting go and guiding Diane, he became a lovable person that had me smiling and laughing.


Now the one I adored working with the most was Peter.  Oh Lord he had me laughing and falling in love with the 60’s music all over again.  Through the laughter though, he had a message that needed to be spoken and it broke my heart as Diane uncovered his past.  I once asked Diane how she came up with this and she told me that without disclosing names, she had been told that things like what you will read about actually happen back then and her research confirmed it.  Once I knew this was for the most part NOT fiction, it made me love Peter even more.


I would highly recommend this book for the simple fact it is one of a kind.  I read many books and I have yet to find one that even comes close to being similar to this one.  The plot is unique, quirky and engaging and I am very proud that I had the chance to work on it with Diane.


10750509_10205309911818311_7514042387510159622_o





No comments:

Post a Comment